- Technical Specification
- Download Brochure
- Quick Inquiry
Multi Rotor Air Classifiers
The new generation of FABHIIND ultra-fine claaalfiers offers advantages: The vertical arrangement of the classifying wheel shaft has been modified to a horizontal arrangement, giving longer service life, considerable improvement in profitability, higher fines yield and improved cleanliness of the coarse mate- rial. The completely new multi-wheel classifier has been developed and patented. An air stream classifier design is available. As a result of continuous development work, Alpine succeeded in incorporating unique advantages into the new FABHIIND ultra-fine classifiers that are not available from other classifiers. Therefore FABHIIND classifiers fundamentally differ from conventional classifiers, even those classifiers which function according to a similar separating principle.
The progress made with FABHIIND classifiers is emphasized when considering the detailed design developments. We will be pleased to explain how these affect your individual application. For example : the efficient, safe and reliable rinsing air supply between static and moving parts ensures very precise, sharp top size limitation of the fine material produced. The constant classifying behavior additionally ensures reliability of pro- duct quality. Even when the feed rate is increased or variable, every FABHIIND produces a fine material of constant quality. Technical details concerning this classifier are available on request
Mode of Operation and Classifying
The schematic shows the design of the FABHIIND ultra-fine classified type ATP, as a single-wheel unit this machine mainly consists of a horizontally mounted classifying wheel
- with fine material and classifying air outlet
- The classifying air
- Injected Into the machine base, flows inwards through the classifying wheel and discharges the fine material, whereas the coarse particles, being rejected by the classifying wheel, leave the classifier through the coarse material outlet
- Clean coarse material is obtained by intensively rinsing this coarse material with air before it leaves the classifier; further separation of fine material is thus achieved. (The air guiding system is schematically shown in the illustration.)
- Product feed is made from above by a rotary valve, which also acts as an air seal; when used as an air stream classifier, the product is fed directly into the classifying air flow (3). Normally, the fineness is adjusted simply by varying the classifying wheel speed.
- Can be used in series with multiple classifiers to obtain one or more narrow-size products at one time
- Compact structure, small occupation, lower investment cost.
- Suitable for classifying materials such as abrasives, soldering tin, foaming agent and carbon powder into particle size in narrow distribution.
- Suitable for precise classifying of dry micron material.
- The air screen type secondary air design has high energy utilization rate, promote material flow and dispersing, improves material flow the efficiency of powder selection.
- Classifying efficiency (extraction ratio) can be 60%～90%.
- System equipped with muffler operating under negative pressure, meet environmental requirements, noise <76dB (A).
- The inner lining is made of alumina, no metal pollution, meeting the requirements of high purity materials.
- Grinding is completed in closed system, little dust, low noise in a clean and environmentally friendly process.
- PLC control system, easy operation.
- In conjunction with ball mill, table roller mill and Raymond mill to form closed circulation.
- The motor can be connected with a belt, which is stable and reliable, realizes high speed and increases the speed, and breaks through the problem that the well-known motor brand does not have a high-speed motor.
- Optional explosion-proof design can also be upgraded to a nitrogen circulation system to meet the processing needs of flammable and explosive oxide materials.
Special Version, Adapted to Special Applications:
Explosion Pressure-Shock-Resistant — Wear Protected
However, significant features of the FABHIND are as follows:
Contrary to previous classifier designs, the shaft of the classifying wheel is mounted horizontally, and not vertically. This design not only improves the classifying results, but also extends the service life of the classified considerably when processing both normal and highly abrasive products, and eliminates the formation of deposits in the fine material discharge when handling materials which are sticky or tend to build up.
A modified version of the FABHIIND is equipped with an additional coarse material classified Thus the precision of cut is further improved over the whole separating range. This design offers decisive advantages, compared to conventional classifiers: an increased fines yield. b. Higher cleanliness of the coarse material. c. The classifier is even cap- able of processing products difficult to disperse in air under the same classifying conditions.
The new multi-wheel classifier. Never before has it been possible to produce such high quantities of ultra-fine pro- ducts in such an easy and economic manner in one single classifier, because ultra-fine separation is achievable only with a small diameter classifying wheel. To obtain a high capacity, the FABHIIND is equipped with several, small diameter classifying wheels in the upper section.
FABHIIND Single Wheel Classifiers
The New Generation of Ultra-Fine Classifier
Alpine’s standard in the development of efficient ultra-fine classifiers is unexcelled, a fact which is again proven by the new FABHIND classifier series.
This diagram shows the basic design of the standard, i.e. single wheel classified type AJT! The classifying wheel has been optimized by Alpine and various other classifying parameters improved, and this guarantees excellent classification with high precision of cut
As an alternative to the standard version, a modified design with optimized coarse material classifying section and altered classifying air supply is available.
Type description: ATP/GS.
This version allows a considerable improvement of the precision of cut over the whole separating range, which means:
1. Even higher fines yield and optimum cleanliness of the coarse material!
2. Even products which are difficult to disperse in air are classified with optimum results.
The performance of FABHIND ultra- fine classifiers in practical operation and technical progress in comported into the design can hardly become pared with any other classified type. Some advantages of the new FABHIND classifiers which have been demonstrated by actual machines operating in numerous factories over a considerable time period are:
The simple construction and solid design, which meet customers’ requirements for reduced costs for maintenance and repair, are impressive.
Furthermore, FABHIND classifiers are subject to minimum wear only (even when processing abrasive products), due to the horizontally mounted classifying wheel. To process extremely abrasive materials, the classifier is equipped with an additional, wear-resistant lining (III. 1: red areas - wear protection to order). In shaft: FABHIND classifiers reduce the operating costs and spare part expenditure. Therefore profitability is considerably increased.
The low overall construction height and the small space requirement are additional advantages of this machine in this respect too; the FABHIND is normally most favorable, compared to classifiers with a similar throughput rate. The reform the space available is optimally used, or new buildings can be erected at lower expense When incorporated into grinding/classifying plants working in circuit (see illustrations on page 5), FABHIND classifies s considerably reduce the total energy consumption because the fine material is optimally separated due to the high sharpness of cut Thus un- desirable over-grinding is prevented, and the grinding grocers Is made easier. FABHIND classifiers present significant advantages, but no disadvantage. Despite the excellent, reliable classifying results, low space requirement low energy consumption and low costs for wear parts, FABHIND ultra- fine classifiers are available at a very competitive price.
The new multi-wheel classifying principle
Sets new standards! The multi-wheel classified design used for the first time by Alpine for FABHIND classifies provides the following advantages in practical operation:
- Super-fine products — particularly in the range of 3—6 pm — can now be produced very economically with very high fines yield and optimum sharpness of cut, using one single classified.
The particular advantages of the multi-wheel classifier series are evident when considering the basic, physical propertied which have to be observed for classifiers used for ultra-fine separation:
With increasing classifier size, the cut point and precision of cut usually change, as a function of the higher throughput rate. This means: Super-fine end products are normally obtainable only on relatively small classifiers i.e. laboratory or pilot classifiers with correspondingly low throughput When using a larger, production-scale machine, the required ultra-fine separation could no Ion0er be obtained! Now Alpine have met the requirements for the dry production of ultra-fine end products with high throughput rate in practical operation In an uncomplicated and unique way by installing several, small, equal-sized classifying wheels in the classifier head of the FABHIND multi-wheel classifiers.
The positive classifying properties of the single-wheel classifiers and particularly the excellent precision of cut are directly transferable to the multi- wheel classifiers.
The feed rate for FABHIND multi- wheel classifiers ranges from approx 150—7500 kg/h, depending upon the end product fineness, product to be classified and classifier size.
The new multi-wheel classifying principle
FABHIND Multi wheel Classifiers
Individual Solution to Problems — Optimum Classifying Results
Examples of Application and Classifying Performance
Widest Field of Application FABHIND ultra-fine classifiers are not only suitable for the separation of dry, easily flowing materials. FABHIIND classifiers are also designed to process materials with difficult classification behavior and materials which are difficult to disagglomerate.
Furthermore these difficult separation problems are solved at extremely fine cut points and with a high output rate. The fields of application are determined by the excellent classification results.
High fines yield, even with separations between 3 and 10 um
Extremely high separation sharpness and disagglomerating capacity, even with ultra-fine classification below 10 um;
Wide, variable range of separation and the typical operating characteristics of the FABHIIND classifiers, such as:
Production of constant, closely sized fine materials, free of oversize particles, even when the feed rate varies;
Wear-resistant classification and largely insensitive to foreign material
- Production of ultra-fine materials of prime quality, with steep particle size distribution and absolutely exact, maxi- mum top size limit. -These products, “free of oversize particles”, are obtained in the range of dg7 " 3 180 QM depending upon the classifier size.
- “Fines milking” in the mineral powder industry. -his means the extraction of a quantity of first-class fine material from a very large feed material flow; depending upon the sales purpose and application, the coarse material still has to retain a certain amount of fines in it.
- Deducting of products or separation of a small quantity of oversized particles (or foreign matter) to improve the properties for further treatment. Typical product example: toner, i.e. copying powder.
- Increased profitability of grinding/ classifying plants. Due to the fact that FABHIIND classifiers separate very precisely, the un-desirable, excessive grinding in grinding/classifying plants operated in circuit is avoided, and a considerable amount of energy is saved.
- Mineral powders
In addition to producing materials of medium fineness, FABHIIND classifiers are frequently operated in the ultra- fine product range of 3—5 um and for the production of fillers. Product examples: Limestone — calcite — chalk
dolomite — feldspar — talcum — quartz
kieselguhr — gypsum — graphite — wollastonite etc.
- Abrasive materials
FABHIIND classifiers are used for the production of “F” and “P” granulations of abrasive powders. This is evident proof of optimum classifying quality and maximum wear resistance.
- Toner, copying powder
Used for deducting at approx. 5—8 pm. FABHIIND classifiers yield course materials practically free from dust, with minimum loss of product, due to the excellent separation sharpness.
0 Heavy metal powders, pigments. The high disagglomeration capacity allows extremely precise separation, even when processing products with very high density or colors and pigments which have a high tendency to agglomerate.
El Food and feedstuff,
Such as soya flour, protein enrichment in flours, starch, lactose etc.
Alpine attach great importance to customer service. One part of customer service is the qualified conducting of classifying trials in our test centre under conditions comparable to practical operation, using production-scale classifiers. We determine the data for your product, on which you can base calculations of profitability and effectiveness. We welcome customers’ presence to witness test work. We submit a guarantee for production quality and capacity
Typical Standard Plate
With pneumatic operation, which are most frequently used in production, are shown in the flow diagrams (fig.1—5). Furthermore the technical table (page 11) includes additional information on the classifier sizes and necessary accessories for pneumatic operation.
Through-air operation without preliminary fine material separation via cyclone (fig.1). This is the most Through-air operation without preliminary fine material separation via cyclone (fig.1). This is the most economic design for type 100-315 AT Economic design for type 100-315
Through Air Operation with Preliminary Fine Material Separation via Cyclone (fig. 2)
FABHIIND classifiers type 100—315 ATP are frequently used to produce a variety of different grades in practical operation, i.e. different product size distributions have to be produced or various different materials have to be classified in these classifying plants. The preliminary fine material separation with a cyclone offers a possibility for easy, rapid and thorough cleaning. Practical examples: toner, epoxy
Powder, heavy metal powder, abrasive materials etc.
Operation in a Partly Closed Circuit (fig. 3)
With operation in a partly closed circuit, 50% of the classifying air is recalculated back into the classifier after separation horn the fine material in the cyclone. The costs for final dust collection are very favorable with this mode of operation: The Alpine high efficiency cyclone used for fine material collection is available at a reasonable cost; furthermore a bud- get-priced bag-house type filter, specifically sized for 50% of the total air flow, can be used to deduct the exhaust air
Closed Circuit Operation (fig. 4) Depending on the classifier size, acorn parison between the pneumatic standard plants often shows that the in- vestment costs are most favorable for closed circuit operation. With this sys- tem, it is only necessary to take a small air bleed from the closed air circuit To dedust this bleed air, a relatively small and budget-priced bag-house filter is sufficient. Even this cost can often be eliminated central system
When using the air stream classifier, a preliminary separation of the product from the air flow is not necessary. The product being classified is directly fed into the classified with a partial flow of the classifying air. Therefore FABHIND air stream classifiers can be operated directly coupled to pneumatically discharging mills, spray driers etc. The standard mode of operation is through- air operation; if necessary, the product can be pie separated in a cyclone